Regular cleaning of the carpets in your office is essential but sometimes spills happen. Unsightly stains or marks can make carpets look old and scruffy. A professional cleaning company will have the necessary equipment to remove stains. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to remove stains from your office carpets.
Quick tips for removing stains from carpets in the office
Your commercial cleaning company will be able to handle all types of carpet stains for you. However, if a spill has happened you can do some things to stop it setting into the carpet. These include:
- Don’t rub or scrub the stain
- Do not apply too much water as it will cause the backing materials to become too wet
- Scrape up or blot any excess material before cleaning
- Use appropriate cleaning detergents
- Test the detergent in a spot that won’t be seen to make sure it doesn’t damage the carpet
- Apply cleaning materials to the cloth not the carpet
- Open doors or windows to help quick drying if possible
- Treat stains as soon as possible
Cleaning greasy stains from office carpets
While some spills are common,such as coffee, you may come across grease stains every now and then. These need to be dealt with slightly differently. Due to the composition of grease it requires certain detergents to make sure you don’t make the staining worse. For grease stains you can:
- Press or blot as much of the grease out as you can,don’t press too hard as it can go through to the backing
- Using a suitable detergent on a soft cloth, dampen the stain
- Blot the area again with kitchen roll or a soft cloth
Commercial carpet cleaning
Some stains can be difficult to get out of office carpets. Regular cleaning by an office cleaning service will help remove the daily buildup of dirt. It will ensure that the regular traffic over the carpets does not leave lasting marks behind.
A professional cleaning service will be able to look at the flooring in your business and provide the best solutions. With the right cleaning products and the best equipment, commercial cleaners will be able to breathe new life into your office carpets.
An office carpet takes a lot more wear and tear than those you have in your home. High volumes of traffic across the carpet everyday can have an impact on how it looks. Because of this, it is essential that the right products are used to clean office carpets. Using the wrong detergents or cleaning methods can make the staining worse.
Professional cleaners will be able to identify what the staining is from and how it should be treated. With the right equipment, stains and marks in the office carpeting can easily be removed.
As the office cleaning company Leicester business owners trust, Ace Cleaning can provide a wide range of services. Our expert team works in businesses of all sizes and within many industries.
We help our clients maintain the clean and fresh look of their premises. Contact Ace Cleaning today fora free, no obligation evaluation for your office cleaning.